Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fear??

     I realized not long ago that I used to be scared of God. I'm not talking about a holy "Fear of God" being a pure desire to obey and honour God, but rather, actually being scared. Scared that maybe God's plan for my life really isn't the best, scared that maybe He doesn't have a good plan for my life, scared that maybe He won't show up like He has promised or provide as He says He will.
     Where did this fear come from? I think it directly came as a result of not really knowing God the way I thought I did. I had a ton of head knowledge, which is great, but I didn't really know God with my heart. Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength." I was doing great with head knowledge, but not with my heart. There is a huge difference between reading that God is a provider vs. knowing in your heart that God loves you enough to provide for you. I heard tons about God's "Father Heart," but it wasn't until 5 or 6 months ago that God began to reveal His Father Heart to me and places the knowledge of His love in my heart.
     So often we don't walk out in what we believe to be God's plans because we are scared. We are afraid to step into an area of "ministry" because the pay is less or we think we won't enjoy it. We're afraid to pack up and go overseas because we fear that we will run out of finances or we won't have a secure future/retirement.
     What I have learned is that when we walk out in Father's intention, He WILL provide. Sometimes we walk out in our own plans and fall flat on our faces. Then God comes, picks us up, dusts us off and helps us to continue on. But, when we walk out in God's intentions for our lives, down His path rather than our own, we have nothing to fear. He will provide, He will protect, He will fill us and use us. When we take risks for God, we grow closer to Him. Every situation we go through will draw us nearer, and we will know Him better. We will understand more of His character, more of His nature. He will become more and more alive to us, more and more a part of our lives. The more we dig in, the closer to Him we will grow.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." James 4:8

I was only going to put the first part of the verse in, but then I felt I should type the whole thing. Not only do we need to dig in by reading, praying, listening and worshipping our amazing Father, but we also need to throw the sin out of our lives. It will hold us back from drawing close to Him. Sometimes we think that maybe the things we want, the little bits of sin in our lives are going to make us happy.... we enjoy them... but as you begin to walk into God's fulness, you'll be blown away by how amazing He really is, and how much better He is than the things of this "world" that distract us.

I just want to encourage you all to dig in with God and chase after Him. Don't be afraid to walk into His plans over your own, He'll blow you away as you do! I know its a journey, and its amazing one too! I'm just beginning, and already God is blowing me away! How much more does He have in store for you and for me!! Crazy to think about.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment